An amazing poetic short about life and a new way to see it. What Choices do you have right now that would change your life? Do they scare you? What’s keeping you from making it? Would you be thinking it if it wasn’t buried in you?!. Rarely will you regret trying for something but to not attempt will rob you of life’s fullness. What is your life choice right now?
BE WELL, GO FAR!
A few years ago a talented writer approached me to use me, a photographer based in Dallas, as the basis for his main character in his new thriller novel. It sounded like fun so we spent the next couple of years talking about the technical aspects of photography as he wrote to help give the novel the best feel of a real photographer. It’s a really fun book, especially if you are into photography, murder, scandals, action, adventures, Dallas, America…etc. Now the only thing to worry about is Who Will Play Me In The Movie?? Who do you think should? (smiles). Be sure and read the book description below!
“Brian Braun, a local Dallas photographer, believes he’s hit Pulitzer pay-dirt when he receives an unusual call for an extraordinary photo shoot from a U.S. Senator. Afterward, however, Braun comes to realize his photographs have done more than record history. He’s recorded one of the greatest hoaxes and politically devastating scandals that breeches beyond the boundaries of Watergate. The hoax is perpetrated on the American people by a private security firm that specializes in high profile political murder. Relying on his own streetwise wits, Braun has less than forty-eight hours to stay a step ahead of a highly motivated death squad and keep from being branded by history as the next Lee Harvey Oswald.”
We’ve been asked to do a duo book signing soon so snatch up a copy (YES one made of real paper)! Buz is a really neat guy who has taught in public schools and Art Institutes, connected to some seriously powerful people, (FBI, CIA etc) but also down to earth. Below is a portrait I did for his author bio.
Be Well, Go Far
We live in an amazing time where technology has enabled us to do what only previous generations have only dreamed of. Recently a friend showed me this video of John Butterill’s Virtual PhotoWalk. The idea is this, we can now stream video so effectively using mobile devices that we can “take” people to places with us! This is HUGE for the population that are challenged physically.
Needless to say I’m inspired! I have always wanted my upcoming trip to not just be about me so I can’t wait to do this while on the road! Does anybody have anybody specific that this would benefit? Maybe a children’s hospital special department? I would love to connect with them and start forming a game plan with my Airstream trip. Would love to do a few locally around Dallas before I leave as well.
Be Well, Go Far!Braun
Check out THE DFW HARLEM SHAKE VIDEO we shot Saturday morning at the Klyde Warren Park in Dallas! Thank you to all the amazing people that came out! I was seriously blown away by all your enthusiasm. Watch FULL SCREEN if you can! What’s your favorite character? (It was better than Halloween, trust me)
THANK YOU EVERYBODY THAT CAME OUT! WE HAD A BLAST!
HUGE THANKS for helping me organize this thing…
Big Thanks to Klyde Warren Park!
Want some real fun, go to instagram and look at #dfwHarlemShake to see all the photos from it. Great stuff!
Also check out the cool photos Penny got during the event! She was the one that started the whole party in her Daft Punk helmet and was also the one to really encourage me to do the event in the first place!
- Dallas Harlem Shake Amazingness!
Be Well, Go Far
Everybody in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, We’re doing a MASSIVE Harlem Shake video and ALL ARE INVITED! Bring your craziest props to wear and we’ll handle the rest. Kids, College Students, Professionals, Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Cops, Photographers…We Need You! ALL ARE WELCOME! Everybody Spread the Word! The video will be up that night!
- Klyde Warren Park, Downtown Dallas.
2012 Woodall Rodgers FreewayDallas, TX 75201
- Saturday, February 16th.
- 11 Am
Tweet it! Facebook it! Google +! Instagram! Foursquare! Link’d IN! SPREAD THE WORD & BRING EM OUT!
Don’t know what a Harlem Shake is?? Watch these Hilarious Videos!
Video’s like this make me so happy I live in the era of our technology that lets us share and see the amazing things we can pull off…(with Lord knows how many bad takes) haha. Be Bold! Cheers!
Which one is your favorite?
Watching this video really made me realize what a long year it has been! 2012 was full of ups and downs for me personally. 2012 brought worldly events so horrible, like the school shootings, they left us on the ground crying uncontrollably; or others that were so amazing, like the Red Bull Space Jump, they dared us to dream a little larger. With these last few days left of 2012 I leave it optimistic and grateful; ready and welcoming 2013. (We did survive a few Apocalypses after all!) No doubt we will cry this year, but we will also laugh….for after all this is life!
What was your favorite moment of 2012? (in this film or personal) May you have a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year.
here is a Google Doc with the complete list and links to the original clips: http://goo.gl/edyTU
The nerd world stopped for a moment when it came to light that photo community app Instagram will now have the option to sell it’s users images. WHAAAAAT?? The free social media photo community & app, recently bought by Facebook and that has surpassed twitter on activity, sell my photos?! My heart sank a bit and Pat Green’s “All the good things fade away” started playing in my head. I’ve grown to really love Instagram, not as a photography taking app but as an online community! I’ve discovered some great photographers, connected with some amazing people that we share cool things in common (Airstream!), and even gotten jobs from it! YUP! So after much debating here is my mindset!
BTW I AM NOT A LAWYER, SO DON’T KILL ME IF YOU DON”T LIKE MY THOUGHTS. Please know, as a professional photographer that makes his living from it nothing bothers me more than others making money off my creativity.
Couple things to remember or do.
1. DEFENSE! STOMP! STOMP! DEFENSE! If the image is one you really feel like you should protect you can mark your images with great apps like BLENDER or OVER. I’ve actually started doing this with some of my images I post because sadly I’ve found people steal them on instagram, twitter, and facebook. The Screen Grab is nothing new folks. People and I guess companies could crop that out but that would deplete the (already) low resolution image. If it comes off as a hassle the more inclined to look elsewhere it will be. Yes I know it’s a pain but it’s an answer to a problem.
2. Simply Put, if you are especially proud of the image and are extremely protective of it, OR if it is a professional one don’t put it on there! Nobody is making you do it! Keep it on your portfolio site or google + (which does not have the legal jargon allowing them to sell your images) (Who uses google+ though)
3. “lawyers often draft overly broad language to permit future business opportunities that may never arise” (from the link above). Not saying they won’t ever but what is the REAL chance you will become the new face of instagram or whatever company. And how much are they really making off of my little image. If this goes real deal big it will make instagram the largest stock photo website in the world. Lots of options means lesser prices. If fb instagram makes $1 off my low res square photo I can live with that since I’m using their free service. I look at my daily adventures and my “WORK” as different pieces. Giving somebody an insight to you as a creative is never a bad thing. All in all somebody making millions off MY iphone photos is pretty unlikely in my opinion.
4. The God theory, I once exclaimed social media to a company’s executives like this, “If God gave you the option of A. To have tools to share info or your creativity with people all over the world” or B. TO NOT have these tools, which would you choose??? Everybody said A. Share your creativity! You can keep your photos for yourself but you are only limiting your impact. In the business world they call this P.R. The choice is yours.
5. FINALLY! Please ask yourself in the end , Facebook, twitter, Instagram whatever other place you hang out, are closing these accounts and ending the community you have built worth the slim chance somebody uses one of your images ??? I can’t speak for you but the juice is worth the squeeze for me. I love seeing my friends daily adventures or travels! I love seeing what people are up to and where they find beauty! They have constantly inspired me and pushed me. I’ll take the risk.
We may have to evolve our mindset with social media but is that really surprising in our capitalistic society. Free services have to be paid for some how. They changed, so can we. I know it’s not convenient but don’t let them ruin the party! Cheers!
What are your thoughts?
What do you think? What would you consider yourself? An introvert or extrovert?
The world is full of noise and those that are the loudest are the ones we tend to follow but what about the quiet ones?
Author Susan Cain shines a spotlight on introverts and reveals how over time our society has come to look to extroverts as leaders. Not suggesting that one is better than the other, Susan argues that the world needs an equal space between introverts and extroverts; that an innovative, creative world wouldn’t be the same without the two coming together.
Speaker: Susan Cain
Artist: Molly Crabapple
Director: Jim Batt
Production Coordinator: Kim Boekbinder
If you found the above video interesting please watch the fascinating Ted talk from Susan Cain, who wrote the above video. Be true to yourself my friends. You will be much more happy and contribute much more to the world. Cheers
Smooth, witty, and never at a loss for words… James Bond has always been my favorite movie character. This hilarious fun video of all the ridiculous brilliance in the entire James Bond film legacy is fantastic. Which is your favorite line?